Friday 16 March 2012

Sunderland FoC Student Profile

Meet Priscilla, a student here at Sunderland FoundationCampus.


Which programme are you studying at FoundationCampus and which degree do you want to progress onto?
I am studying the Life Sciences Undergraduate Foundation Course.  I am going on to do Pharmacy.

How important is the guaranteed progression for you?
It was very important because I was told about the high educational level of the Pharmacy course at Sunderland University. I had the feeling that I would graduate here.

Has your English improved? Which areas in particular?
Sure, there has been an improvement in my English. The way I interact with people has really changed and everyone around me has noticed it. I write very well now. I am much more confident now.

Which parts of your FoundationCampus programme have prepared you best for your degree?
Most of the things we have been taught I knew a little but not very well.  My knowledge has been broadened. I did an ICT course before I came here but there are some things that I have forgotten or I didn’t know and I have learned many things.  I am so glad that I have improved.

If you could summarise FoundationCampus in one sentence, what would it be?
I think that any student going onto the Pharmacy course should go through FoundationCampus because it really helps one’s understanding and knowledge. It gives you the freedom to communicate with people of different backgrounds. It gives you the foundation of what you are going to study.

Would you recommend it to a friend?
Sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment